30 July 2013

All Hearts have Pearls



This copper heart was created using a technique called Fold Forming. I created this heart to have it entered in a challenge and my title would be "All Hearts have Pearls".

The challenge came and went and I have changed the heart design some but haven't completed it either.
I haven't worn the heart it just sits on my workbench - almost done.

Is that how things are going to be for me? Almost done? - I hope not and am striving to complete the pieces of jewelry that I am creating.

So at the end of my last blog I finished one set of projects for the beginners. Still wasn't soldering much, this piece only needed to be annealed and that is heating the metal so it can be handled and bent to make the folds. Yes this is a very rustic looking piece, but working with the annealing was very helpful.

The next project I took on was making a chain of wire formed into circles, each circle was to be soldered and then linked together. I made 16 circles and began my soldering only to find out that I was so caught up in this process that I soldered each piece - none were linked! If I was going to link them, I had to make more circles and that meant more soldering. See where I am going with this? I was making a piece that made me get more comfortable with working in the soldering bay. the picture below is of the completed piece and yes I have worn that and received many compliments!!! It was so nice to say - "I made this!"


Two years later, I still have the feeling that this is where I need to be - making and crafting jewelry pieces.



See below this is the final of the heart that brought this blog to life. Still deciding if I will wear it or sell it.
I welcome your comments!

1 comment:

JoyD - Jewelry Designs said...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151827415011692&set=a.10151152245211692.470174.659511691&type=1&theater

The final piece for All Hearts have Pearls!